Endotoxin Removal Service
Lipopolysaccharides (LPS) are major constituents of the cell walls of gram-negative bacteria and they act as endotoxins to elicit strong immune responses causing hypotension, organ failure, disseminated intravascular coagulation, and fatal shock in mammalian hosts. The removal of these endotoxins is necessary for downstream applications, such as in vivo studies, protein vaccine development and immuno-cell based assays.
GenScript's Endotoxin Removal Service can effectively reduce the endotoxin level below 10 EU/mg during recombinant protein production with a success rate of 98%. We have successfully delivered >500 low-endotoxin protein production projects that meet our clients’ strict endotoxin control requirements.
GenScript offers one-stop low-endotoxin protein production solution including protein expression and purification and endotoxin removal. Endotoxin control and removal starts from the instruments and reagents, stays with the all manipulation and it is finally achieved by multiple endotoxin removal techniques.
- High efficiency on endotoxin removal---Guarantee endotoxin level as low as <10EU/mg
- Multiple strategies to solve the endotoxin problem, success rate at 98%
- One-stop services from gene to low-endotoxin protein for your downstream application
- Estimate protein loss rate in the beginning of protein production project to ensure the delivery of sufficient low-endotoxin proteins
||Endotoxin removal service, ≤1EU/μg
||Endotoxin removal service, ≤0.1EU/μg
||Endotoxin removal service, ≤0.01EU/μg
|Project analysis and protocol development
- Evaluate the target protein
- Estimation of endotoxin removal efficiency and protein loss rate
- Customize protocol for your target protein
- Removing LPS with the customized protocol
|Quantitative Detection of endotoxin
- Quantitative detection of endotoxin before and after endotoxin removal
- Chromogenic LAL assay
Endotoxin Removal Techniques
||Endotoxin removal percentage
||Protein Recovery range
|Endotoxin affinity column (GenScript's Product)
|Size exclusion column
|Ion exchange column
|Protein affinity column
GenScipt has a panel of approaches for endotoxin removal. After project evaluation, we develop customized endotoxin removal protocol for your target protein by using one method or combination of several methods to assure highest efficiency.
Endotoxin is measured in EU/mL or EU/mg. One EU (Endotoxin Unit) equals approximately 0.1 to 0.2 ng endotoxin/mL of solution. The commonly used FDA-approved techniques for endotoxin detection are Limulus Amoebocyte Lysate (LAL) assay. Currently there are three forms of the LAL assay, each with different sensitivities. The LAL gel clot assay can detect down to 0.03 EU/mL while the LAL kinetic turbidimetric and chromogenic assays can detect down to 0.01 EU/mL.
- OptimumGene™ Codon Optimization Technology: Our proprietary OptimumGene™ codon optimization technology comprehensively optimizes factors critical to transcription, translation, and co-translational protein folding to deliver the highest possible levels of expression in any system.
Minimum 10-fold increase in protein express level
- Bacterial Expression: GenScript has developed BacPower™ technologies to tackle hard-to-express and hard-to-dissolve proteins. Guaranteed package (SC1253): 3 mg purified protein.
- Yeast Expression: Our yeast expression system employs stable and durable production strains that resemble mammalian protein processing, incorporating features of high yield, high productivity, and dramatic reductions in costs and time requirements.
- Insect Cell/Baculovirus Expression: GenScript has pioneered methods for the secretion of recombinant proteins from baculovirus-infected insect cells. Our services are suitable for academic institutions and both the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
- Mammalian Cell Expression: Our proprietary 293 and CHO suspension system platform promotes fast production and delivery of recombinant proteins and monoclonal antibodies up to grams level.
- Stable cell line development Custom stable cell lines for assay development, recombinant protein and monoclonal antibody production. We also provide comprehensive assay-ready cell line productions to preserve your time for higher value projects.
Quotations and Ordering
- To place a quotation, click and send us completed form by email
- To place an order, please email the same form along with a PO (Purchase Order) or credit card information
- If submitting samples, please send them along with the above form to: Recombinant Protein Services, GenScript, 860 Centennial Ave., Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
- For any other inquiries, please contact us using the details listed below